Animal Medical Care Center located in Yorktown, Virginia is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Do you have the desire to grow & build within a practice?
Our growing practice is seeking an additional Veterinarian who is hard working, energetic, upbeat, and enjoys interacting with team members and clients. We maintain a family atmosphere & strive to provide exceptional care to our patients & their owners.
About the Position:
- 26 - 30 hours a week
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with rotating Saturdays (schedule is flexible)
Join Our Team!
Our veterinarians are regularly out of the office by 6:00pm on the weekdays, have a lunch block in the middle of the day, and only work every other Saturday. We will consider someone who is looking for Part-time or Full time. We are a fun-loving group of people who love to get involved with the community. We love dressing up the facility for holidays, sharing recipes & attending CE together.
Animal Medical Care Center is located centrally in the diverse and historical Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Located in Yorktown (pop 66,000), Animal Medical Care Center provides primary care and advanced dental services for a population of approximately 350,000.
For more information watch our video: AMCC Yorktown Video and visit our website: http://www.amccyorktown.com/
About the Hospital:
- Spacious facility with four exam rooms (growing to six soon!), separate comfort room, treatment area, dental suite, surgery suite, and kennel area
- We offer convenient wellness plans for patients, which aid in increasing compliance and patient visits
- In-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries (Vet Test chemistry system), urinalysis and sediments, DTM Cultures, PCV, TP, FeLV/FIV test, HW Antigen testing, Parvo tests, fecal testing, and various other tests run by assistants. Also maintains a close relationship with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- Compliant, well-established clientele
- Isoflourane anesthesia, Cardell Surgical Monitoring system, IV fluid pumps
- Digital dental x-ray with Soprix Software, superb dental films in seconds
- Brand new ultrasound and designated ultrasound space
- In-house sediview analyzer
- Close relationship with local Animal Emergency Center for after-hours patient care
- Several specialty referral centers in close proximity (Orthopedic, Internal Medicine, Physical Therapy, Ophthalmologist, Cardiology, etc.)
- Companion Animal Laser
- Utilization of Avimark veterinary software streamlines the management of client database
- Complete pharmacy
- Excellent team environment with an emphasis on a positive culture, excellent patient and client care, continual learning, and growth
- Active Angel fund to help people care for pets in difficult financial situations
AMCC has great vendor relations & supports the CE interests of our Veterinarians. We are open to providing new services to our community.
We are very focused on family both inside and outside of the hospital. We prioritize time for parents to practice medicine while being very flexible to their schedule and life outside of the hospital.
About Yorktown Virginia:
Yorktown is rich in history, with Revolutionary and Civil War Battlefields, museums and tours, historical homes, and many educational and fun activities for the entire family. Located on the York River, within a 45-minute drive of the ocean and 2 hours from the mountains, the area offers a range of outdoor activities from boating and fishing, to hiking, hunting, and camping. Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are popular theme parks that are minutes away in the neighboring city of Williamsburg. The area offers many cultural events, festivals, concerts, and community happenings as well as being well represented with churches, shopping areas, restaurants, social organizations, etc. In addition, our area has an active veterinary association and CE opportunities. These are some of the reasons why we feel that Yorktown is one of the most attractive places in which to live and practice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran