VCA Pike Creek Animal Hospital is looking for a dedicated Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
VCA Pike Creek Animal Hospital is a well-established general practice animal hospital located in the Newark, Delaware. Our hospital features 4 exam rooms, large surgery suite, radiology, a large and welcoming lobby, attractive landscaping as well as warm and friendly staff to greet you daily. Our services include routine wellness and annual visits, as well as early disease detection, dentistry, elective and routine surgeries, laser surgery, digital dental radiography, digital radiography, ultrasound, in house bloodwork and advanced surgical procedures.
We encourage all qualified Veterinarians to apply- from new to seasoned doctors.Currently, we are seeing just cats and dogs but would love if a future doctor has some exotic animal interest to add to our list of services. VCA is committed to continuously improving the standard of care for our hospitals and veterinary medicine as a whole through the compassionate, high-quality primary care that we provide at our nationwide family of over 1,000 hospitals. VCA offers a structured Mentorship Program that allows you to grow as both a clinician and a professional leader.
Why Pike Creek?
· Beautifully maintained building with four exam rooms, large treatment room,
· Large surgery suite & dental area - complete with adjustable, freestanding table, digital dental radiography, laser surgery
· FAST scan Ultrasound
· Radiology (digital radiography)
· Boarding (cats and dogs)
· Separate, secured isolation area
· Our Veterinary Support staff is comprised of a mix of seasoned veterinary technicians and those eager to learn and grow in their careers. Our family oriented team is focused on Pet Care with a strong dedication to the clients and the community and strive to continue providing the best care available.
· We are located in Newark, Delaware, which is northern Delaware, minutes drive to Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Enjoy the 20 minute ride to Wilmington's night life and Riverfront where you find festivals and live music. For horse lovers - spend your day at the races at Delaware Park, or step into Maryland for Fair Hill eventing and trails. Winterthur is home to a gorgeous museum and yearly steeplechases. Take a drive to Lewes for small town shopping, dining, and gorgeous beaches, or a bit further and find yourself on the Boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach. There's lots of history in our small state and tax-free shopping! We are also about an hour from Philadelphia and Baltimore and about 2.5 hours from NYC and Washington DC. You'll never be bored!
We invest in you!
· Innovative NEW program focused on the overall well-being of our Associates
· VCA Academy - Mentorship Programs tailored to your interests and career goals
· FREE Regional Continuing Education and Online Training Database
· Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
· Flexible Scheduling for work/life balance
· Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
· Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
· 401k with 25% Match - vested after 2 Years
· Health, Dental, Vision with HSA/FSA
· 100% Paid Professional Liability Coverage
· 100% Paid Life Insurance
· 100% Paid Short and Long-Term Disability
· Paid Parental Leave
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
Robust Clinical Studies program.
Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
Internal Number: R-45141
About VCA Animal Hospitals
VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.